Therefore, many people doubt their own abilities to achieve goals in their life, and they allow self doubt to hold them back or prevent them from even trying to achieve their dreams. Even worse they allow the thoughts or feelings of others to jeopardize their chance of learning new skills and enjoying the opportunity to experience life in a variety of different ways. Many people think that achieving the necessary skills to be able to draw well is difficult or even impossible.
We either have those skills, or we don’t. This is certainly not the case. With pencil drawing, anyone who is keen to learn can start absorbing the skills necessary. Starting the preparation for learning to draw however is the most important aspect and this is simply a case of changing the way our minds work.
Pencil drawing should be fun, and if we remember why we are trying to learn and be able to enjoy the process, we are creating the right foundations on which the accrued knowledge can sit. Expanding our creative horizons is an enjoyable and challenging process and inevitably, we will make some mistakes along this creative journey. This is not an indication of failure; it’s merely a confirmation of the learning process.
There are three important aspects of learning to draw:
* Having the confidence to try
* The ability to be able to see the subject of interest
* The capacity to remember specific techniques.
When we attempt to draw something, we attempt to capture the essence of the subject, and we can do this by using our emotions and senses to be able to reproduce the spirit of our intended subject.
Learning to believe in our abilities to listen, observe and absorb data that we receive will enable us to do justice when we are actually attempting to recreate onto paper. Drawing technique is easily achievable, and we can only do this by practicing regularly.
The saying that practice makes perfect could not be truer than within the world of art, but as long as we are determined to achieve and do not let self-doubt hold us back, then we are on the right route to creative success.
- 05 Apr 2013Kissed by a Superhero
- 22 Feb 2013The World’s First 3D Printing Pen
- 22 Jan 2013The City Series by James McNabb
- 21 Jan 2013Performances at the Sydney Festival 2013
- 15 Jan 2013Mind-Blowing Paintings by Roberto Bernardi
- 08 Jan 2013Amazing Illustrations on a Freezer Door by Charlie Layton
- 17 Dec 2012HP Security Focused Certification Exams
- 05 Dec 2012Top 20 Adorable DIY Holiday Cards
- 25 Nov 2012Financial Opportunities for Future College Students
- 23 Nov 2012Masterpiece Sculptures Available for Sale