Art has been used as a tool of propaganda from its very beginnings. This hasn’t changed today, neither it will change ever. Actually, we could say that today, as never before, this kind of propaganda has reached the highest levels of its efficiency.
When Bolsheviks took the rule after the revolution in Soviet Union, they immediately create a strong campaign to advertise themselves and to discredit their opponents in the eyes of public.
Beside the strong propaganda which was has been made through newspapers and magazines, Soviets had a pretty popular way to make their propaganda even stronger. They created a lot of large posters where the political messages was the main purpose of creation.
Here you can see some of such artworks, if can call them artworks at all, to see with which kind of propaganda Russians were fighting during the communist rule.
- 31 Oct 2013Celebrating Visual Arts with Sydney Festival 2014
- 23 Oct 2013A Tiny World in a Bottle
- 05 Oct 2013Top 20 Adorable DIY Holiday Cards
- 23 Sep 2013Macro Photos of Bees Showcase Stunning Natural Detail
- 02 Sep 2013Vegetables Portraits by Martin Sati
- 25 Aug 2013Hyperrealistic Drawings of Guns Pointed Directly at You
- 03 Jul 2013Beautiful Examples Of Close-up Photography
- 02 Jun 2013Amazing Ballpoint Pen Art By Vanessa Prager
- 28 May 2013Weird Oil Paint Pictures
- 05 Apr 2013Kissed by a Superhero