Dominic Wilcox created a series of miniature sculptures based on the clock. Attachingsmall figurines of the arrows of ancient mechanical clock, Dominic has created an animated scene of daily life. What people should understand is that miniature artworks require big work and training, similar like for party poker . You need patience and big experiences.
From Dominic’s Blog: I have a new big project to show. I’ve put tiny figures onto watch hands in order to create mini animated scenes. I had the idea last year during mySpeed creating project, but decided it was too good to rush. 8 month later I showed a prototype to Dezeen and they commissioned me to make a collection. The watches use customised model figures and I also made objects, like a miniature looted LCD tv. The glass domes were specially made to fit by Wearside Glass Sculptures in my home town of Sunderland at the National Glass Centre.
The watch sculptures will be exhibited at Dezeen Space in Shoreditch, London from 17 September to 16 October.
54 Rivington Street, London EC2A 3QN.
- 31 Oct 2013Celebrating Visual Arts with Sydney Festival 2014
- 23 Oct 2013A Tiny World in a Bottle
- 05 Oct 2013Top 20 Adorable DIY Holiday Cards
- 23 Sep 2013Macro Photos of Bees Showcase Stunning Natural Detail
- 02 Sep 2013Vegetables Portraits by Martin Sati
- 25 Aug 2013Hyperrealistic Drawings of Guns Pointed Directly at You
- 03 Jul 2013Beautiful Examples Of Close-up Photography
- 02 Jun 2013Amazing Ballpoint Pen Art By Vanessa Prager
- 28 May 2013Weird Oil Paint Pictures
- 05 Apr 2013Kissed by a Superhero