A passion for nature has inspired Paul Baliker to create a body of work that is environmental in pith. He endeavors to capture a moment in wood or bronze and to express potential for a symbiotic relation with nature. Paul has been sculpting exclusively for 35 years. His sculptures can be seen in numerous public and corporate collections.Two sculptures of note, that can be viewed in the Grand Rapids area are, “Lion Around” located at the Meyers Sculpture Garden and “Fish Story”, located at the Lesslie E. Tassell Park on the Thornapple River, Cascade Mich.
This sculpture, 13 feet in diameter, “A Matter Of Time” explores man’s relationship to the earth. Think of this sculpture as a clock. At the 12:00 hour is bird life, representing the sky. At 3:00 and 9:00 are mammals, representing the land. Working downwards toward the 6:00 hour, through reptiles, amphibians, fish and crustaceans we arrive at the sea turtle that represents the oceans. Man’s position is the timepiece, holding the fate of the planet in his hand.
- 31 Oct 2013Celebrating Visual Arts with Sydney Festival 2014
- 23 Oct 2013A Tiny World in a Bottle
- 05 Oct 2013Top 20 Adorable DIY Holiday Cards
- 23 Sep 2013Macro Photos of Bees Showcase Stunning Natural Detail
- 02 Sep 2013Vegetables Portraits by Martin Sati
- 25 Aug 2013Hyperrealistic Drawings of Guns Pointed Directly at You
- 03 Jul 2013Beautiful Examples Of Close-up Photography
- 02 Jun 2013Amazing Ballpoint Pen Art By Vanessa Prager
- 28 May 2013Weird Oil Paint Pictures
- 05 Apr 2013Kissed by a Superhero