A passion for nature has inspired Paul Baliker to create a body of work that is environmental in pith. He endeavors to capture a moment in wood or bronze and to express potential for a symbiotic relation with nature. Paul has been sculpting exclusively for 35 years. His sculptures can be seen in numerous public and corporate collections.Two sculptures of note, that can be viewed in the Grand Rapids area are, “Lion Around” located at the Meyers Sculpture Garden and “Fish Story”, located at the Lesslie E. Tassell Park on the Thornapple River, Cascade Mich.
This sculpture, 13 feet in diameter, “A Matter Of Time” explores man’s relationship to the earth. Think of this sculpture as a clock. At the 12:00 hour is bird life, representing the sky. At 3:00 and 9:00 are mammals, representing the land. Working downwards toward the 6:00 hour, through reptiles, amphibians, fish and crustaceans we arrive at the sea turtle that represents the oceans. Man’s position is the timepiece, holding the fate of the planet in his hand.
- 05 Apr 2013Kissed by a Superhero
- 22 Feb 2013The World’s First 3D Printing Pen
- 22 Jan 2013The City Series by James McNabb
- 21 Jan 2013Performances at the Sydney Festival 2013
- 15 Jan 2013Mind-Blowing Paintings by Roberto Bernardi
- 08 Jan 2013Amazing Illustrations on a Freezer Door by Charlie Layton
- 17 Dec 2012HP Security Focused Certification Exams
- 05 Dec 2012Top 20 Adorable DIY Holiday Cards
- 25 Nov 2012Financial Opportunities for Future College Students
- 23 Nov 2012Masterpiece Sculptures Available for Sale