They say well behaved women rarely make history. Maybe so, but visionary and courageous women certainly do. They make more than history, but contribute to the awakening of the human renaissance. Nowhere is this more evident than in the art world, where for centuries women?s voices have been suppressed.
No longer! A simple perusal of the Women artists in Bukowski Auction will have you mesmerized. This month, the world?s top Nordic auction is prominently featuring Women artists who exemplify strength, courage and creative breakthrough. These are some of the most visionary and highest selling artists worldwide.
This fantastic group includes Maria Friberg, whose masterpiece ?lm short of the breaths of George W. Bush got worldwide renown; Mamma Anderson, both classic and new in the school of Swedish narrative expressionism; Cecelia Edefalk, who explores the artistic links between spirituality and existentialism and Linn Ferstrom, revered for use of wild, exotic colors and gorgeous landscapes. The contemporary sale also boasts works by Yayoi Kusama and Diane Arbus.
This year, Women artists reign supreme at the top Nordic auction. Check out Bukowskis selection, available through online auctions and private sales. You will see works that not only make history, but awaken the senses to life in the present.
- 31 Oct 2013Celebrating Visual Arts with Sydney Festival 2014
- 23 Oct 2013A Tiny World in a Bottle
- 05 Oct 2013Top 20 Adorable DIY Holiday Cards
- 23 Sep 2013Macro Photos of Bees Showcase Stunning Natural Detail
- 02 Sep 2013Vegetables Portraits by Martin Sati
- 25 Aug 2013Hyperrealistic Drawings of Guns Pointed Directly at You
- 03 Jul 2013Beautiful Examples Of Close-up Photography
- 02 Jun 2013Amazing Ballpoint Pen Art By Vanessa Prager
- 28 May 2013Weird Oil Paint Pictures
- 05 Apr 2013Kissed by a Superhero